Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Finance Officer:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location of the Job: Washington, DC 20002
Job Type: Full Time Employee
- Lead the preparation of proposal budgets and amendment requests in collaboration with field partners and with input from program officers
- Lead the field colleagues on areas with significant over- or under spending
- Advise program teams on resource integration options to meet match requirements of grants and on recovery of indirect and field ministry service costs for grant proposals and private funding
- Lead the development of the annual program team operating budget and monitor actual performance developing grant income projections
- Review and/or generate financial reports for compliance with grant and donor requirements analyze spending trends and provide feedback and analysis to team
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee financial management of foreign operations to include developing financial systems, budgets, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal cross control safeguards.
- Develop, implement, and update regularly finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
- Conduct or report to CEO or other senior level management regular finance and accounting internal updates of any significant operational changes. Monitor daily key performance indicators for strong variances.
- Direct, train, supervise and develop personnel in the accounting group on a daily basis. Complete necessary human resource requirements on a timely basis.
- Coordinate the timely preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analysis, and information reports as required organizationally.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary/tax compliance reporting requirements.
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the budgeting, accounting and financial programs for the company globally.
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, position control documents, department budgets, salary/benefit updates, ledger maintenance and data entry.
Salary: 12,000.00 – 16,000.00 USD /year