Here is a sample job description template for the position of Health Officer:
Job Title: Health Officer
Location of the Job: Lehigh Valley, PA 18102
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Industry leading environmental services firm is seeking a health officer to head up the company’sHealth and Safety department.
- Strong computer and math skills, strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Previous environmental experience or knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations a plus.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Environmental Science or in a related science or safety field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer and maintain such safety equipment as AED’s, fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, fire alarm system and security system.
- Implement a safety committee program and chair safety committee.
- Conduct regular safety committee meetings and safety talks with various departments.
- Implement and Administer San Diego Municipal Storm Water Permit. Develop and implement Best Management Practices Plan.
- Ensure Security Guards are properly trained on SOP’s and Alarm Response procedures.
- Maintain Business Continuity Plan
- Implement and Administer Spill Control and Countermeasure Plan
- Perform Safety Audits and prepare for regulatory inspections such as: fire inspection, County Hazmat inspection, APCD and City of San Diego.
- Administer Remote Safety Training Program
- Ensure all new employees get proper safety training
Salary: 12,000.00 – 14,000.00 USD /year