Here is a sample job description template for the position of Housekeeper:
Job Title: Housekeeper
Location of the Job: Fairport, NY 14450
The Housekeeper is responsible for performing general janitorial duties and ensuring the general upkeep of multiple Company buildings at least twice daily.
- Must meet all health requirements, including TB, and pass background checks.
- Compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public.
- Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions and make decisions.
- Must be able to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- One year related experience in a similar environment with on-the-job training preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); provide accurate, compliant and timely documentation as required
- Clean and maintain bathrooms and kitchen/cafeteria areas
- Ensure surface areas are dusted/wiped regularly
- Ensure floors are clean and free of spills/debris; vacuum, sweep, mop etc. as required.
- Remove and properly dispose of trash
- Perform general janitorial duties throughout multiple facilities at least twice a day; travel between facilities as required
- Other duties as assigned
Salary: $14,000.00 – $16,000.00 /year