Following is a sample job description template for the position of IT Project Manager:
Job Title: IT Project Manager
Location of the Job: San Jose, CA
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Our client in San Jose has trusted us to hire an IT Project Manager for a long term contract opportunity. In this position, the IT Project Manager will manage various departmental and organizational projects, including developing, researching, recommending, executing, and documenting processes for Information Systems. The IT Project Manager will define the project objectives and oversee quality control throughout its lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create/Develop matrix that documents user information and password information
- Develop and schedule timelines of routine audits to be conducted by the IT department
- Work as liaison between departments to support IT project completion and to meet business needs
- Define project success criteria and maintain communication to the Director of IT throughout the project lifecycle
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identifying potential problems/issues and determining contingency plans
- Develop and deliver progress reports to the Director of IT on a weekly basis
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts with the project team
- Manage project development from beginning to end including the scope, goals, and deliverables that support the business goals in collaboration with senior management
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and clear manner
- Knowledge of project management software
- Technically competent with various software programs
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand technology changes and identify opportunities
- Ability to remain organized at all times
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources including team members and other departments
- Possess the ability to be flexible to a changing environment, acknowledging urgency when necessary
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in confidential matters
- React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Flexible during times of change
- Excellent Analysis skills. Should be able to understand and document business Requirements if necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written Communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
Work Hours: 40+ hours are may be required
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Salary: We offer competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits