A sample job description template for the position of IT Technician is given below:
Job Title: IT Technician
Location of the Job: Van Nuys, CA 91406
We are looking for a talented, technically oriented person to assist in the installation and support of hardware and software on our computer network.
- Provide support and learn the skills needed to support specific FC Automated Systems.
- Responsible for the set up, take down and re-location of all xterm and PC systems in the FC
- Create and administer clear, concise documentation to lower the possibility of a repeat problem.
- Data Cabling / Computer Facilities
- Configure and maintain Cisco switches and routers
- Ability to administer PBX and voice mail systems
- Networking and Telecom skills
- Image and maintain desktop and laptop systems
- Install/test/troubleshoot applications
- Windows System Support and troubleshooting
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate problems that occur with software programs and printers, and use best judgment to correct them.
- Manage moves, add or change to phones and pagers.
- Maintain cellular phone pager tracking system.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing any other related results as needed.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Support Disaster Preparedness and Back-Up process.
- Provides assistance with security administration by verifying user identity, resuming or assigning passwords.
- Maintain Asset (Hardware and Software) Tracking System.
- Facilitate technology rollouts — new hardware and applications and existing application upgrades — by notifying 1information technology users and providing orientation and support.
- Write or support efforts to generate technical documentation: user guides, application primers, systems documents and IT Policies and Procedures.
- Facilitates communication of system events by notifying users via group e-mails and phone recordings, notifying I/S Team members, maintaining daily system outage report.
- Triage trouble tickets from IT Helpline. Tracks unresolved problem tickets by monitoring open tickets in the database on a daily basis, escalating them to level II contact when necessary, making follow-up status calls with both the level II contacts and user.
Salary: $11,000.00 – $14,000.00 /year