Find below a sample job description template for the position of Marketing Communications Specialist:
Job Title: Marketing Communications Specialist
Location of the Job: Clackamas, OR 97015
In supporting the business objectives with attention to urgencies and deadlines, this position is responsible for the creation of high quality presentations utilizing PowerPoint and other tools.
- Working knowledge of computer and online tools, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and social networking sites
- Experience working on environmental and/or energy issues a plus
- Experience working for in a PR agency or consulting environment a plus
- Strong oral communications skills
- Strong writing skills
- Candidate should demonstrate an interest in and commitment to energy efficiency, the environment, and sustainable living.
- 4 years of working experience in Marketing, PR, Corporate Communications, social marketing or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, public policy, or a related discipline.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Marketing Communications Specialist to assist with media placement.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation (creative brief, project plan, status reports, review forms, regulatory and legal paperwork, purchase orders, etc.)
- Manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously and on time.
- Ensure key messages are delivered in a consistent manner and are reflective of the brand.
- Coordinate the development of project deliverables and ensure they are aligned with project goals.
- Work closely with the client and team to ensure project requirements are clearly defined, met and understood.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with internal clients and communicate regularly with team members.
- Create project schedules and manage timelines and budget.
- Develop innovative solutions for our clients and tactically managing day-to-day operations and communications.
- Work as a liaison between multiple departments, internal clients and team members to ensure that projects are managed efficiently and goals are met.
Salary: $12,000.00 – $15,000.00 /year