Given below is a sample job description template for the position of PR Officer:
Job Title: PR Officer
Location of the Job: San Mateo, CA 94403
Job Type: Full Time Employee
This position manages public relations initiatives for Websense, including media relations, blogger relations, upkeep of the corporate newsroom, and writing of press releases and other collateral.
- Able to quickly come up to speed on the product value proposition
- Solid educational background
- Tireless promoter of the company’s software brand
- Retail / CPG technology experience
- Previous PR agency experience background
- PR career professional looking for in-house work. We seek a candidate who will be focused on a single client vs. managing multiple clients.
- The expectation is that this person will be onsite and give 100% focus to this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Websense customers and other third parties to secure quotes and other validation pieces.
- Manages and coordinates the awards and speakers bureau programs.
- Helps manage Websense PR activities at corporate events, such as national trade shows and conferences as well as coordinates media tours and more.
- Edits and writes press releases, blog posts, Q&As, feature articles, and other communications materials.
- Coordinates the company’s PR efforts with corporate PR contractors as well as the Websense internal international team.
- Participates in social media activities on behalf of the company (examples include the corporate Facebook and Twitter accounts).
- Maintains Websense corporate News Room.
- Helps develop and execute strategic plans aimed at achieving business, high-tech, blogger and other media coverage for Websense and/or the company’s key messages in primary publications.
Salary: 70,000.00 – 90,000.00 USD /year