Here is a sample job description template for the position of Program Officer:
Job Title: Program Officer
Location of the Job: NEW YORK, NY 10022
Job Type: Full Time Employee
New Visions for Public Schools is seeking to hire a Program Officer to support the work of residents and mentors in its Urban Teacher Residency program.
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including writing and editing. Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to set and follow priorities, work on multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Experience in project/financial management, budget development, tracking, and reporting.
- Effective at both collaborative and independent work, able to take direction but work with modest level of supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of the Officer Assignment selection process as directed by the government client.
- Negotiate and validate all Memoranda Of Understanding necessary for Special Access Required Programs and perform all travel necessary to affect them.
- Provide onsite support to improve the effectiveness of management processes and procedures to the Directorate of Assignments, Special Programs Assignments Division, AFPC/DPAX.
- Perform all aspects of the Enlisted Assignment selection process as directed by the government client.
- Establishes the interface between AFPC, the Air Staff, the National Reconnaissance Office, DoD agencies, and other classified Systems Program Directors.
Salary: 19,000.00 – 25,000.00 USD /year