Find below a sample job description template for the position of Account Specialist:
Job Title: Account Specialist
Location of the Job: Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Sterling Office Professionals is currently seeking an experienced, highly professional executive account specialist for downtown Pittsburgh finance firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively seeks out new and challenging projects
- Participates and promotes pre and post placement servicing (premium financing, claims, etc.)
- Possesses and utilizes basic negotiation skills for the brokerage process
- Possesses basic competency on assigned coverages (common forms, exclusions, endorsed enhancements)
- Emerging coverage competency, knowledge of markets and relationships
- Demonstrates effective working knowledge of carrier underwriting practices and processes
- Establishes ability to work as broker with moderate to highly complex accounts
- Manages key processes and internal activities to deliver client-facing services
- Provides technical expertise in the servicing of medium to high complexity accounts
- Assists in the managing of medium to high complexity accounts (determined by size of account and/or nature of business)
- Must exhibit work qualities that are team and customer oriented; with an enthusiastic approach toward work.
- Ability to identify opportunities and create added value.
- Detail oriented (ability to maintain organized documentation, capture consumer and retailer feedback).
- Strong time management.
- Ability to travel within designated market.
- Ability to train and convey knowledge of residential broadband technology.
- Proficient with broadband services and an enthusiast.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Tech savvy and knowledgeable about technologies.
- 1-2 years related product experience.
- 1-2 years retail / sales experience.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Salary: $14.00 – $16.00 Hourly DOE