Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Accounting Coordinator:
Job Title: Accounting Coordinator
Location of the job: St. Louis, MO 63114
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
We are intent on growing and always looking for Good, Qualified Accounting Coordinators to join our already Strong and Fun Team in order to provide our Organization with in-depth accounting expertise and exceptional corporate support services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and distribute preliminary and final time as well as utilization reports throughout the agency
- Prepare time sorts for the Revenue and Operations groups
- Perform time closes on a monthly basis
- Maintain the time system adhering to Sarbanes Oxley guidelines:
- Ensure that timesheets are completed and submitted on a timely basis.
- Time System responsibilities include:
- Maintains Sarbanes-Oxley procedures and documentation.
- Assists with preparation for internal and external audits.
- Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assists with the month end close and revenue recognition processes.
- Maintains Revenue Forecasting and Budgeting files
- PeopleSoft general ledger experience preferred.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Flexible and able to prioritize tasks.
- Strong, independent follow up skills.
- Deadline driven, punctual and excellent attention to detail.
- Team player with strong communication skills to be able to effectively deal with vendors and all levels of management.
- Knowledge of month end closings including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Three years minimum of business experience in Accounting/Finance with at least two years in Accounts Payable in a manufacturing environment.
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00 Hourly DOE