Find below a sample job description template for the position of Aircraft Engineer:
Job Title: Aircraft Engineer
Location of the Job: Lake City, FL 32024
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Aircraft Systems Engineer reports to the Director, Engineering and is responsible for the technical accuracy and reliability of Client aircraft.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in industry working groups, industry steering committees, industry meetings, and conferences.
- Liaise with manufacturers; maintenance representatives, repair and overhaul (MRO) facilities; outside engineering departments; regulatory personnel; and other outside agencies.
- Support integration of new and previously operated aircraft.
- Update technical source documents as applicable to insure accuracy.
- Develop and/or obtain approved data, acceptable data, and Alternate Methods of Compliance (AMOCs) for repairs, alterations, and modifications.
- Issue instructions and documents to economically support operations and return aircraft to service in a safe, airworthy, and timely manner.
- Report on the status of projects and issues as directed.
- Provide budgetary data on projects and issues as directed.
- Prioritize Systems Engineering actions.
- MS Office is required
- Bilingual Italian is a plus, but not required
- Experience in helicopter manufacturing is a plus
- 3 to 4 years in similar position in an aviation manufacturing environment is a plus
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- SAP and CatiaV5 is a plus
Salary: $11.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE