You can use this sample job description template for the position of Application Specialist as a base to create a JD with real requirements of the opening in your organization.
Job Title: Application Specialist
Location of the Job: Hauppauge, NY 11749
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
An Edison based firm is seeking a Cash Application Specialist to complete a 3 to 6 month temporary assignment. The preferred individual will have experience with international currency and proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process adjustments, refunds and monthly write offs for billing department and credit and collections staff.
- Ability to interface with customers and collections staff regarding payment reconciliations and other AR accounting issues.
- Record and balance all cash transactions to daily deposit from bank.
- Daily credit card payment processing for prepaid sales orders and communicating between billing department and sales for any processing issues.
- Daily processing of receipts from lock box, wires, ACH, etc., from multiple bank accounts.
- Follow up with merchant services for any credit card inquiries regarding the need for additional information in order to insure all merchant transactions are processed properly
- Handles calls and concerns from internal and external customers regarding payments and deductions, research and back up information as needed. Back up team members and participate in projects as needed.
- Strong analytical skills
- 3 to 5 years of experience in accounting, at least one year of cash application function.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability work with multiple departments
- Experience processing high volume transactions on a daily basis.
- Experience applying credits and debits, returns and wire transfers.
Salary: $15.00 – $18.00 Hourly DOE