Applications Programmer is a person who works with the large databases and managing the applications or administration issues to fulfill the customer needs. Given below is a sample job description for the position of Applications Programmer:
Summary of the Job
- Working with huge databases.
- Manage applications tools.
- Managing administration issues.
- Managing systems for supporting lots of users.
- Learning new programming languages.
- Working as a system analyst and developer.
Required Skills and Qualities
- Very good in communication skills.
- Excellent Knowledge about application software.
- Have a very good programming logic.
- Team worker and self confident.
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Have a sense of commitment to meet goals.
- Familiar to the new technologies.
- Ability to solve hardware and software problems.
- Good analyst and problem solving skills.
- Very good command over object oriented concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing of different application.
- Handling different tools to design and manage databases.
- Maintaining the applications.
- Customizing applications or managing new modules and specifications.
- Ensure work quality and the development and maintenance of standard procedures.
- Accurate work breakdown structure for new projects.
- Managing the time estimation of task completion.
- Perfect completion of time sheet.
- Handle the project team and regularly inform the project manager about the daily tasks.
- Conduct training and educate the contract developers or internees.
- Performing unit testing.
- Developing system specification.
- Create software documentation.
- Updating company’s calendar.
- Keeping project status up-to-date.
Education, Qualification and Experience
- Professional education (2 years masters or four years bachelor).
- 3 years experience in programming.
- Able to understand object oriented programming and have a command over this type of programming.
- Command over MYSQL databases.
- Very good knowledge about Unix Operating System.