Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Bank Controller:
Job Title: Bank Controller
Location of the job: Los Angeles, CA 90010
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
We are looking for a controller with 10+ years experience.Qualified candidates must have a CPA, worked in all facets of Bank management, including but not limited to Loans, Credit, Operations, Regulatory reporting etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, interpret, and instruct New York Unit personnel on financial accounting and regulatory reporting matters.
- Approve maintenance to the charts of accounts.
- Review reconciliation certification reports.
- Address general support issues related to payroll, premises, insurance, etc.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to meet audit and other compliance requirements
- Manage the forecasting and budgeting processes
- Report on and manage the investment in working capital and cash levels
- Prepare and present financial analysis to senior management and appropriate committees in New York as directed by the General Manager.
- Ensure that management information is produced on a timely and accurate basis
- Drive proactive decision support into the business
- Review and approve regulatory reports and tax schedules.
- Hands-on leader who can quickly establish credibility throughout the organization
- Four-year college degree in accounting or financial management; advanced degree in business preferred.
- Sarbanes-Oxley implementation experience
- Able to breakdown complex situations into manageable components
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills