Sample job description template for the position of Bereavement Coordinator is given below:
Job Title: Bereavement Coordinator
Location of the job: Dayton, OH 45458
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Crossroads Hospice of Dayton is looking for a gregarious, empathetic, nurturing, conversant individual with a good sense of patient/provider professional boundaries to be bereavement coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This individual will also have the opportunity to assist with pre-bereavement calls and family/community/facility support as needed.
- You will Coordinate Mailings with our Volunteers, assist with monthly BV audits and help prepare for the Annual Memorial Service.
- The Bereavement Coordinator will provide support and counseling to the Patient’s family, facility personnel, fellow LCH employees and community members.
- The role involves assessing the bereavement needs of the Hospice family utilizing information obtained from the interdisciplinary group,
- You will serve as resource to facilities, families and our own professionals regarding grief and loss issues and provide education to the public in areas of grief and bereavement.
- Have two years experience in hospice clinical grief counseling and support groups or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Be an attentive and contributing member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Work cooperatively with the different disciplines of the clinical staff and facilitate support groups and counsel individual family members.
- Be willing to participate in training at the Grief Recovery Institute®.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related curricula. Master degreed candidates will be given preference.
Salary: $15.00 – $17.00 Hourly DOE