Following is a sample job description template for the position of Cafeteria Manager:
Job Title: Cafeteria Manager
Location of the Job: New York City, NY 10001
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center is a world renowned organization dedicated to the progressive control and cure of cancer through programs of patient care, research, and education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Introduces new menu items on a regular basis to prevent menu boredom.
- Participates in establishment of pricing to ensure financial goals are met.
- Staff Supervision – Guide the functions and activities of employee in assigned areas
- Defines correct serving utensils and ensures availability to staff.
- Operations – Coordinates daily activities of Retail areas.
- Quality Assurance/Regulatory Compliance – Monitor adherence to departmental standards and regulatory requirements.
- Cash Handling Supervision – Monitor cash handling activities and sales.
- Promotion – Merchandise food with attractive displays and appropriate signage.
- Food and Supply Management- Oversee the requisitioning and storage of food and supplies
- Instructs staff on portioning and plating. Develops weekly menu on a timely basis, checking with Executive Chef to determine product availability, recipe formulations, etc.
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Associate Degree in Nutrition, Food Service Manager or Culinary Arts
- Intermediate knowledge of MSOffice Word and Database Management
- Two years related experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Salary: $12.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE