A sample job description template for the position of community Affairs Specialist is given below:
Job Title: Community Affairs Specialist
Location of the job: Stamford, CT
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Years of Experience: 2+ to 7 Years
Through regional coordination of our corporate social responsibilities, we are able to build long-term sustainable relationships with community partners, and ensure that the support we give has significant and measurable impact while actively engaging our clients and employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate story ideas and draft content for marketing and PR materials – create quarterly email on CA issues for employee population.
- Work with WM US and external vendor to develop and launch new volunteer intranet site.
- Manage web updates and content improvements for all relevant sites.
- Day-to-day management of Culture Access program, including promotion of special offers – web updates and internal employee messaging.
- Liaise with WM US volunteer staff
- Manage volunteer intranet site content and project registration information.
- Work with local organizations to develop master list of project ideas and plans.
- Provide guidance to employee team captains interested in planning and executing team projects.
- Coordinate logistics, planning, promotion and staffing of volunteer initiatives.
- Ability to meet deadlines with high-quality work
- Ability to follow established work schedule and procedures
- Fluent in reading PLC logic diagrams and programming;
- Certification through course work/training preferred.
Work Hours: Hours will include the possibility of evening and weekend work
Education: Bachelor’s Degree