Given here is a sample job description template for the position of Contract Manager:
Job Title: Contract Manager
Location of the Job: Phoenix, AZ 85001
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Grand Canyon University is actively seeking a Contract Manager to work within our Military Division. This position will report to the Assistant Vice President of the Military Division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret contract language and disseminate to company personnel.
- Assist with preparation of additional data or correspondence as may be required by management or the provisions of the contract.
- Maintain the Contract Control Record, monitor DD250 forms and DD1149 forms prior to submission to government to ensure invoicing and product shipment.
- Ensure that contract activities are in full compliance with legal/governmental requirements.
- Work in liaison with corporate departments and government to assist in resolving contract or schedule problems.
- Assemble for submission to government and Oshkosh management information on engineering changes, proposals, contract modifications, price proposals and shipping documents.
- Organize and perform administrative and management functions required for timely and compliant contract performance.
- Identify contract risks, and make recommendations to mitigate or eliminate such risks
- Evaluate proposals to ensure contract requirements are adequately defined and documented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, experience with formal presentation
- Knowledge of the managed care market and the regulatory environment
- Proven achievement of medical cost management targets
- Proven track record of excellent financial, analytic, decision-making, consensus building and negotiating skills
- Healthcare background
- Strong ability to work with communications and analytical software and systems
- 5-7 years experience in managed care industry with strong negotiation skills, well developed verbal and written communication skills and analytical skills
- Bachelors in Business or Health Care Administration with a financial emphasis or equivalent work experience. MBA, MPH, MHSA, MHA preferred
Salary: $11.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE