Find below a sample job description template for the position of Contracts Manager:
Job Title: Contracts Manager
Location of the Job: Port Washington, NY 11050
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for reviewing and revising commercial contracts (such as Purchase, Supply and Distribution Agreements relating to products and equipment) and confidentiality agreements for Pall Corporation’s Industrial Division in close coordination with business managers and under direction of Corporate Counsel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiates and establishes contractual terms, conditions and prices.
- Coordinates proposal preparation, statements of work and specifications.
- Prepares and presents status and progress reports to customer and executive management.
- Provides for effective coordination of all project activities with support functions throughout the Company to assure the attainment of program objectives.
- Establishes and maintains adequate controls to assure continuous analysis and measurement of performance against requirements and initiates corrective action as required.
- Assigns areas of responsibility, authority and task objectives.
- Maintains liaison with customer representatives as it relates to program performance.
- Responsible for negotiation review, interpretation, acceptance, monitoring, revision and/or changes to proposed and/or current government contracts from receipt to conclusion.
- Plans and determines the most efficient method of achieving program objectives within the framework of technical capabilities, Company procedures and contractual requirements.
- Pharmaceutical industry knowledge and technical background a plus.
- Previous experience with intellectual property law. and US and European Union antitrust law preferred
- Solid knowledge of commercial law, including warranties and product liability required.
- Minimum of ten years related experience required.
- Paralegal certification required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers. Ability to prioritize and manage tight deadlines.
Salary: $12.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE