Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Data Entry Specialist. Please make modifications as per the actual requirements of the position in your organization.
Job Title: Data Entry Specialist
Location of the job: Louisville, KY 40295
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Currently seeking experienced data entry specialists for opportunities in the Louisville area. If you are experienced in this field and interested in learning more, please respond to this posting by applying with your resume and three professional references.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Enters customer and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to screen format.
- Processes customer and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies;resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Candidates must have at least 5 years of experience with word processing and proofing documents as well as proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Acrobat.
- Experience in an engineering environment is preferred.