Here is a sample job description template for the position of Dental Receptionist:
Job Title: Dental Receptionist
Location of the Job: New York, NY 10017
Years of Experience: 1+ to 2 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Wanted front desk receptionist for beautiful, successful midtown practice. Full time. Knowledge of dental billing and insurance (PPO) is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to utilize electronic dental record and practice management software.
- Sufficient skill in typing to complete 40-45 WPM and operate 10-key adding machine
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with a variety of people
- Knowledge of dental front desk procedures including but not limited to scheduling, registration, treatment estimates and payment collection strongly recommended
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and basic dental terminology essential
- Completion of high school or equivalent, supplemented by at least 2 years progressively responsible clerical/office experience; and 1 year full-time experience performing accounts receivable functions in a medical setting
- Performs routine clerical tasks such as sorting, opening distributing mail, scanning and photocopying
- Opens/closes encounters, registers/re-certifies patients, determines source of payment, verifies program eligibility and receives payment for patients on previous balance and same day charges
- Schedule patients, register patients, collect and post payments, prepare treatment estimates for review with patient, run, balance and close end of day reports and all other duties as assigned.
- Answers phone and provide information to callers; greet visitors/patients; schedules, verifies, and processes appointments; refers visitors/patients to appropriate person or department
Salary: 10,000.00 – 12,000.00 USD /year