Find below a sample job description template for the position of Disaster Recovery Analyst:
Job Title: Disaster Recovery Analyst
Location of the Job: King of Prussia, PA 19406
Years of Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
This position will be responsible for the purchasing and inventory of all company software, software maintenance and equipment maintenance through the proper PO process with approvals from required members of management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Corporate Representatives to ensure Client Services full and continuing contribution to the overall Continuity Process. Ensuring proper adherence to approved GTECH Best Practices.
- Ensure all Client Services staff is appropriately trained.
- Write, update, and maintain Client Services site level Continuity Plans with focus upon Disaster Recovery Plans and procedures.
- Responsible for tracking risks and ensure identified solutions are followed up by Problem Management.
- Work with business units to review business impacts and identify associated risk.
- Coordinates regular disaster recovery/business continuity testing as specified in contract requirements and/or GTECH defined best practice.
- Work with Client Services technical resources to develop test scenarios
- Document all aspects of the continuity process. Verify/audit processes already put in place.
- Manages the disaster recovery/business continuity process to ensure that GTECH Client Services can respond to business interruptions and resumption of critical functions (applications, servers, and networks).
- Excellent leadership qualities and an ability to work with an interdisciplinary team
- Knowledge of business supported by IT services
- Associate Business Continuity Planning (ABCP) certification or certification from Disaster Recovery Institute International, or equivalent.
- Essential special training requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science / business administration or equivalent experience in lieu of.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- 2 – 5 years experience in disaster recovery/business continuity. Specific experience in government, financial and data center operations
- A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
Work Hours: 40h/Week