Here is a sample job description template for the position of editorial coordinator. Don’t forget to make necessary changes to reflect the actual requirements of your organization.
Job title: Editorial Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
As an Editorial Coordinator, you will coordinate the weekly production of Fronteras to ensure all elements are submitted to Universal Press Syndicate on time and the publication is produced every Tuesday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aids the Managing Editor in updating book specifications.
- Supports the Managing Editor in communicating project changes, electronic files, and status to vendors and internal staff.
- Tracks and routes printer proofs and all softproofing processes from printers to A&D, Executive Editors, and Production.
- Coordinates, tracks, and routes errata for the reprint process.
- Coordinates the permissioning for all Editorial projects, when necessary.
- Manages the routing of all proofing cycles for Editorial projects and maintains tracking sheets for each proof cycle; Note: includes copying/scanning all page proofs, shipping, and communicating directly with project vendors, consultants, and authors.
- Creates and manages all reprint and minor book revision schedules.
- Publishes weekly status on all projects to Managing Editor.
- Ensures editors and designers adhere to tracking and alerts Managing Editor to late batches.
- Creates and manages tracking database based on project schedules for multiple projects using Microsoft Excel, Integrated Publishing Framework, and/or other databases.
- Must be proficient in the computer software programs required to do job duties.
- Must be bi-lingual (English/Spanish); have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational, detailed record keeping and time management skills.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: newspaper or other media editorial, marketing, sales or administration.
Salary: $12.00 – $16.00 Hourly DOE