Following are a couple of sample job description templates for the position of Events Coordinator:
Sample Job Description 1:
Job Title: Events Coordinator
Location of the job: Seattle, WA 98101
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
GameWorks, the high-tech entertainment, restaurant and bar is seeking an Events Coordinator for our Seattle, WA venue. This is a great opportunity for individuals to work with a fun and exciting national company – Sega GameWorks U.S.A., Inc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributing to general tasks in the Institutional Advancement Office as needed.
- Maintaining accurate records for all events including Facility Usage Requests, revisions, invoices, payments/deposits, floor plans, menus, etc.
- Assisting with managing the set-up of the event.
- Assisting with creating signage/posters for events.
- Providing support to other departments to help facilitate campus events including coordination with faculty, administrators, students and alumni.
- Providing administrative and logistical support in event planning including managing maintenance requests
- Attending events as necessary which requires working evenings and weekends.
- Meeting with constituents to view rental space, discuss set-up and floor plans, etc.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the property facilities including room capacities, a/v equipment, safety restrictions, etc.
- Managing and updating Southwestern’s campus-wide calendar and facilities software
- Responding to event inquiries and processing Facility Usage Requests as needed.
- Working with preferred vendors including catering company and event rental companies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and computer proficiency are essential.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One year minimum of office support experience.
Sample Job Description 2:
Job Title: Event Coordinator
Location of the Job: Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Our Event Coordinator, Special Venues opportunity is currently available in the Pittsburgh downtown area. The Event Coordinator reports to the Vice President, Special Venues and has the overall management of Catering Services within the venues that fall under the Special Venue area.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Knowledge of scheduling software (current CEO Scheduler)
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
- Minimum of 2 years of meeting management or industry experience
- Bachelors degree
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to learn the TradeStation software, commission structure and other pertinent sales information in order to be able to successfully work an exhibit booth or seminar for all assigned events.
- Must have the ability to travel 20% of the time in addition to working nights, weekends and holidays for assigned events.
- Track GL activity on an ongoing basis, properly code all incoming bills and invoices, monitor real-time budget vs. actual expenses to ensure budget goals are met, incorporate ways to reduce costs for assigned events.
- Assist with the project management, tracking and approvals for all events and work with the Director of Client Events as a liaison with event guest speakers.
- Monitor and execute post show account opening campaigns, ensuring all leads from an event are immediately entered into the CRM for follow up.
- Coordinate logistics for trade shows, online events, live seminars and symposiums to include booth design, equipment orders, shipping, set up/dismantle, scheduling and all other details required to produce events.
Salary: $15,000.00 – $17,000.00 /year