Here is a sample job description template for the position of Family Support Specialist:
Job Title: Family Support Specialist
Location of the Job: Rutland, VT 05701
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Family Support Specialist Works in partnership with families, social workers, and services providers to promote safety, permanency, and well-being for children and youth referred by the local child welfare agency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends all mandatory training.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Maintains minimum direct service hour requirements.
- Develops growth-oriented relationship with clients.
- Remains compliant with agency CQI and HIPPA standards.
- Completes required documentation in keeping with agency standards, CYF, and CCBHO.
- Participates in family therapy sessions as outlined in the treatment schedule.
- Provides case management services and parenting education.
- Participates in formulation of time limited, goal-directed, and strength based treatment plans.
- Be well versed in signs of addiction and other mental health diagnoses.
- Provides 20 hours of direct client care per week; 20% (4 hours) of which is delivered with the Mental Health Clinician.
- Promotes the Mission and Philosophy of Holy Family Institute.
- Time management skills necessary to accomplish this position.
- Detail and organizational skills critical.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must attend relevant skills-enhancement training and demonstrate required program specific knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a community based environment.
- Must possess knowledge of child development; including physical, mental, emotional and cultural and ethnicity issues required.
- Knowledgeable of community resources, service referrals and linkage.
- Public speaking skills required. Must be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
Salary: $22.00 – $26.00 Hourly DOE