Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Freight Broker:
Job Title: Freight Broker
Location of the Job: Cleveland, OH 44147
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Lakeshore Brokerage, Inc. is seeking a Freight Broker Sales Agent. Must have a solid customer base that generates a minimum of 50 shipments monthly. You will be responsible for day to day operations, booking, dispatch, tracking, collections and customer relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities for rate reduction/client savings.
- Provide the best value to our clients.
- Build a loyal carrier base.
- Negotiate industry competitive agreements and contracts with carriers.
- Source reliable carriers and agents to deliver sustainable services to our clients.
- Supervise customer service support staff, with authority to hire and fire.
- Conduct profitable freight brokerage service business in compliance with U.S.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (Property Broker and Motor Carrier) and
- Ability to build and maintain carrier and customer base
- Demonstrated solid understanding of logistics and transportation including carrier alternatives, pricing, geography, and ability to foresee potential logistical problems
- Proven ability to generate business leads
- Carriers/Customer following a plus
- Must possess strong presentation, negotiation, and “closing” skills
- Minimum 3 years experience in the Southeast market selling freight brokerage services (Multi Modal Solutions)
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Logistics, Business Administration, or similar or equivalent industry experience
Salary: $12.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE