Find below a sample job description template for the position of Help Desk Manager:
Job Title: Help Desk Manager
Location of the Job: Washington, DC 20510
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Help Desk Manager shall lead a team of broad-based technical support to end-users of networks, systems, and related services. The Help Desk Manager shall provide support to a customer base of over 2,500 users in a high profile environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with desktop team to provide input on needed updates to the software and hardware image of the company’s end user computing systems.
- Performs as a liaison between end users and desktop computer support staffs.
- Ensures that proper staff supervision is taking place consistent with the mission and cornerstones of the company.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to supervisors who report directly to this position.
- Identifies key support metrics and regularly reviews data with team and IT leadership to determine process updates and improvements. Identifies internal and external support trends and takes steps to proactively prevent and/or solve problems.
- Oversees the delivery of technical support, supervision of help desk supervisor staff, and ensures that end users receive prompt, courteous and knowledgeable assistance.
- Develops and ensures execution of appropriate call handling and problem resolution procedures by help desk support staff.
- Responsible for managing all procedures related to collecting, prioritizing and resolving end user requests including ongoing process review and improvement.
- BA in MIS or equivalent
- Terrific communicator
- Systems and processes.
- Significant enterprise level experience analyzing a wide variety of systems and technologies combined with bug tracking
- Experience implementing ITIL and Six Sigma programs
- Certified in either: Six Sigma “OR” IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Understand Finance and HR domains
Salary: $11.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE