This is a sample job description template for the position of Hospital Pharmacist. It will help you in preparing a JD for this position in your organization.
Job Title: Hospital Pharmacist
Location of the Job: Fort Worth, TX 76104
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
JPS Health Network has excellent opportunities for ambitious, professional, dedicated Staff Pharmacists to join our hospital Inpatient Pharmacy Services team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections;
- Develops hospital staff’s pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs; training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Ability to work as part of a larger team
- Excellent communication skills
- 3+ years experience as a Pharmacist in a hospital environment
- D or R.Ph
Salary: $12.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE