Find below sample job description template for the position of Hotel Controller:
Job Title: Hotel Controller
Location of the job: Fredericksburg, VA, 22401
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Radisson Albuquerque Hotel and Water Park Hotel is seeking a Controller to oversee day-to-day financial operations and planning for our recently renovated hotel and New Mexico’s only indoor water park.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in monthly financial call to review prior month accounting results with GM and Corporate personnel.
- Prepare monthly Journal Entries for uploading and entry into General Ledger.
- Ensure that all licenses, permits and insurance policies are current and in compliance with local, state and Federal laws.
- Prepare monthly rolling operating forecasts as required.
- Advise hotel management, corporate office of any major forecast budget variances and provide explanations to Corporate Controllers Group.
- Hire, train and supervise accounting staff at the hotel.
- Assist/counsel all department heads in the interpretation of financial data and recommend courses of actions to maximize profitability.
- Monitor/approve all sales contracts, purchase orders and operating expenses of the hotel.
- Post bi-weekly payroll information.
- Oversee/participate in monthly inventory processes at the hotel.
- Prepare month-end reporting package for Hotel Executive Committee and Senior Leadership Team.
- Oversee entry of accounts payable at the hotel.
- Provide daily sales and deposit information to Corporate Office.
- Assess internal controls and processes at hotel and ensure consistent application of company accounting policies.
- Strong systems skills; Quickbooks preferred.
- Excellent leadership, analytical, project management, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Hands-on experience with the consolidated close and reporting into an international parent.
- In depth knowledge of US and international accounting and finance principles.
- 7-10 years of progressive accounting and finance experience consisting of a solid public accounting foundation followed by experience in a large, multinational corporation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and/or MBA desired.