Following is a sample job description template for the position of Insurance Coordinator:
Job Title: Insurance Coordinator
Location of the job: Boothwyn, PA 19061
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Insurance Billing Coordinator will coordinate with facilities, corporate staff, responsible parties, and insurance companies to maintain information associated with insurance and managed care contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly reports on commissions received and and review for reasonableness
- Assist in monitoring commission payments on a monthly basis
- Build database to track carrier appointments
- Prepare appointment/contracting documents for submission to vendors
- Stay current on all state licensing laws by conducting ongoing research and identifying and communicating changes as they occur
- Maintain Access database for tracking all licensing information
- Prepare quarterly reports on individual licensing status by office and region for leadership review
- Identify and resolve issues that develop re: license applications, renewals and transfers
- Communicate regularly with staff regarding the status of their licenses and their compliance with continuing education requirements
- Educate staff on the proper processes for obtaining and renewing individual licenses
- Obtain copies of all current employees’ insurance licenses
- Work with new hires to complete required license applications
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure while maintaining attention to details and a positive outlook.
- Ability to work well with all staff levels
- Ability to execute directives toward established goals
- Strong computer skills and the ability to utilize various software packages (once trained)
- Strong organizational and process skills
- Problem solver, be resourceful, and possess the ability to professional articulate finding and recommendations.
- Be empathetic, a good listener and be able to ‘diffuse’ a situation if a customer is upset.
- Have strong communication and customer service skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and personable
- Demonstrated computer hardware, peripheral, CPR+ and Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Knowledge of pain management administration and the criteria requirements imposed by the various insurance plans.
Salary: $11.00 – $12.00 Hourly DOE