A sample job description template for the position of Kennel Assistant is given below:
Job Title: Kennel Assistant
Location of the Job: Houston, TX 77076
Years of Experience: 3+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Supports animal care by determining animal requirements; assisting during examinations; feeding and caring for animals; maintaining supplies and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains animal records by documenting animal conditions, reactions, and changes; updating database.
- Maintains animals by feeding and watering animals; cleaning animals’ rooms, cages, and equipment; changing cages; administering medications; collecting samples.
- Determines animal requirements by reviewing care plans and records.
- Maintains safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by sanitizing and disinfecting holding and support areas; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Supports animal examinations by assembling required supplies and instruments; securing and bringing animals to examination room; restraining animals; providing assistance as directed; explaining animal’s status to customer.
- Knowledge of Animal Behavior, Animal Husbandry
- Verbal Communication
- Documentation Skills
- Inventory Management
- Creating a Safe, Effective Environment
- Action Oriented
- Energy Level, Patience, Lifting
Salary: $10.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE