Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Litigation Specialist:
Job Title: Litigation Specialist
Location of the Job: Atlanta, GA 30303
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Litigation Specialist’s job function includes efficiently and effectively handling advanced-level, primarily litigated, commercial first-party property and/or third-party general liability losses in a “paperless” environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a quality assurance program to support the total performance management initiative and the consistent delivery of quality claims service.
- Works with partners to effect early return-to-work.
- Attends mediations or hearings as needed.
- Identifies subrogation opportunities and manages process.
- Approves administrative expenses.
- Establishes/adjusts accrued liability.
- Identifies issues; formulates defense strategy.
- Responds to plaintiff’s counsel, union, employee, or client requests.
- Requests legal/private investigation; assigns to and coordinates with local counsel; monitors local counsel performance.
- Gathers/documents additional information and coordinates with client designees.
- Identifies cases for settlements/redemptions.
- Responds to decisions, agreement, and/or court order; creates action plan; determines need for examination; gains client authorization.
- Reviews/acts on reports/forms; responds to inquiries; seeks legal opinion and early resolution; and communicates resolution to appropriate parties.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Experience with following states (Texas, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, South Carolina and Georgia) preferred.
- Developed customer service skills.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and Microsoft Office.
- Proven knowledge of Claims Best Practices.
- High degree of motivation.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Experience with attorney represented or litigated files preferred
- Time management skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize issues and tasks.
- Ability to determine potential liability of insured where appropriate and settlement value of claims.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret personal line coverage forms.
- Effective written and oral communication skills to enable accurate completion of reports, information gathering interviews and negotiations.
- Minimum of three years auto claims adjusting experience with a focus on complex claims and litigated/attorney rep files.
Salary: $20.00 – $24.00 Hourly DOE