Here is a sample job description template for the position of Logistics Specialist. Don’t forget to make changes as per actual requirements of the post in your organization.
Job Title: Logistics Specialist
Location of the job: Brighton, MI 48116
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Raytheon Technical Services Company LLC (RTSC) is looking for a Logistics Specialist to join our Patriot Taiwan Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make travel arrangements for Taiwan Team members; travel to Taiwan and CONUS locations as necessary.
- Arrange conference room facilities for Taiwan meetings;
- Review Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) for logistics impacts and technical accuracy;
- Create and maintain changes to Microsoft Word documents;
- Monitor Patriot hardware sweep down schedules;
- Create and modify work flow diagrams using applications such as but not limited to Microsoft Visio or Microsoft Power point;
- Build and modify Excel spreadsheets for multiple Taiwan program purposes;
- Provide interface between the International customer, government and engineering;
- Review Patriot Field Bulletins;
- Attend Modification Work Order (MWO) planning reviews;
- Provide technical and logistical assistance to the International customer and government;
- Review engineering data to assist with the periodic update of the Retrofit Visibility Guide;
- Assist with equipment audits to verify equipment configuration;
- Analytical and solutions focused.
- Flexible attitude and breadth of skills to perform routine low level processing tasks while also able to perform strategic analysis and higher-level tasks.
- Familiarity with DoD supply processes and DoD maintenance operations.
- Knowledge of operations and maintenance of the Patriot systems.
- Highly proficient in MS Office
- Must be able to work well with others and coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiating, problem solving, planning, organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- 3 + years experience in planning, manufacturing, scheduling, cost time analysis and critical decision making preferred
- 7+ years of experience in logistics (warehouse, transportation, automotive, or outside logistics firm with global responsibilities)
- A Bachelor’s in Supply Chain Management, Planning or Logistics