Sample job description template for the position of Material Controller is given below:
Job Title: Material Controller
Location of the job: Lexington, KY 40516
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses tools, plant equipment and consumable necessary to carry out the required tasks
- Interprets technical specifications, directives and relevant publications to identify product discrepancies and deficiencies.
- Prepares and completes a variety of documentation required for delivery and shipping of parts, transfer shipments, export, etc.
- Visually inspects all incoming products for compliance to the reparable request received with the shipment in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Verifies ordered products are received and validated with packing information and processed in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Stages engines, modules and stock parts on warehouse shelving and/or staging area.
- Utilizes induction schedules to dispense and receive production requirements for review and/or induction.
- Operates a forklift and/or company truck within all safety guidelines
- Provides components and engines in a timely manner by physically canning/uncanning and unpackaging product and moving them from logistics either manually or by way of material handling equipment.
- Researches and reconciles discrepancies noted during the receipt process
- Performs canning/uncanning of assemblies in accordance with customer, regulatory, and company requirements using hand or power tools.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the StandardAero team.
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average workday.
- Forklift operation experience preferred.
- Good planning, organizational, interpersonal, and decision making skills to ensure compliance to customer, regulatory and company requirements.
- Working knowledge of the certification and traceability requirements for products received and stocked.
- Working knowledge of inventory controls and warehousing procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the proper handling of material.