Following is how a sample job description template for the position of Medicaid Service Coordinator would look like. Please remember, this is just a template, you need to modify it before putting it into any use for your company.
Job title: Medicaid Service Coordinator
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
EDC, an innovative non-profit agency serving the MR/DD population, seeks a MSC to join our team in Brooklyn. Provide case management services for individuals with Developmental Disabilities. Position includes working with families, schools and government agencies to plan, secure and coordinate needed services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the three regions’ development and implementation of Essential Community Provider contracting strategies for participation in exchanges.
- Identify opportunities for leveraged administrative capabilities across the 3 regions.
- Support regions in development of project structure and leadership for meeting the ECP contracting requirement. Support regions in development of regional options for ECP contracting. Support regional implementation of ECP requirements.
- Monitor the attainment of financial, membership and quality goals by review of current metrics and development of new metrics appropriate to the participation models in these regions.
- Support the regions in the development of multi-year strategic plans; and in integrating planning for Medicaid into the overall regional planning processes.
- Support development of regional relationships with state Medicaid agencies and/or health plans that contract with those agencies.
- Ability to work independently and geographically separate from PO.
- Competencies in strategic and multi-year planning.
- Experience and understanding of care delivery issues for low income populations.
- Demonstrated experience and success in developing programs in Medicaid Managed Care.
- Demonstrated knowledge base in Medicaid and CHIP, including knowledge of how care can be successfully delivered to this population.
- 5 years management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health related or business field. Or Master’s degree and 6-8 years experience.
Salary: $13.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE