Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Medical Coordinator. You can make necessary changes and use it.
Job title: Medical Coordinator
Location of the job: North Huntingdon, PA 15642
Years of Experience: 1+to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The USA Medical Coordinator coordinates all medical care for members of the Direct Insurance product who receive services in the USA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seek the assistance of others, as needed, to fulfill the above requirements.
- Answer questions from the insured, providers and brokers regarding benefits.
- Prepare reports of active (ongoing) cases and participate in weekly team meetings.
- Contact US and International providers (hospital, doctor offices, and other providers) to coordinate patient appointments, to obtain updated medical records, treatment plans and estimated costs of services.
- Receive and process approval of elective medical treatment and/or procedures.
- Ability to work well individually and with others as part of a team
- Excellent follow-up and organizational capabilities
- Special attention to detail
- Ability to express oneself verbally and in writing clearly and succinctly in English and Spanish
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Opportunity for on the job training.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Experience using personal computing and office equipment – e., Excel, Word, fax, copier, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
Salary: $12.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE