A sample job description template for the position of Medical Office Specialist is given below:
Job Title: Medical Office Specialist
Location of the Job: 726 West Barstow
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Our customer, a leading healthcare provider in the Fresno Community, is seeking qualified candidates for a temp-to-hire opportunity at one of their Fresno medical practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Balances cash drawer daily and prepares daily deposit. Maintains cash log records for manager’s review.
- Greeting incoming and outgoing patients and visitors with a warm and friendly welcome.
- Batches encounter forms for the billing office.
- Answers the telephones by the third ring in a friendly, professional manner.
- Sorts and distributes incoming faxes and mail.
- Performs data entry of patient demographics, referrals and billing information.
- At patient check-in, completes and or updates patient information in chart for the medical assistant;
- Takes complete and accurate messages with the current date and time and delivers messages to the appropriate party as soon as possible.
- Maintains, cleans and organizes the patient reception area as needed. Ensures video loop in waiting area is running.
- Pulls charts one week prior to patient’s appointment.
- At patient check-out, schedules any follow-up appointments with providers.
- Schedules patient appointments for each physician, using their individual protocols.
- Capability of prioritizing according to immediate demands in a fast-paced environment
- Accurate record keeping -Proficient in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Exceptional grammar and spelling skills
- Above average skill in MS Outlook
- Ability to pass a 7 year felony including misdemeanor background check and a pre-employment drug screen
Salary: $20.00 – $24.00 Hourly DOE