An MIS manager plays a crucial role in an organization since he/she looks after the Management Information System. Here is a sample job description template for the position of MIS Manager.
Job Title: MIS Manager
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
In this highly visible and critical role, the Manager of MIS is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, support, and reporting functions of the company’s corporate information systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain integration plan to include transition to new system
- Develop system or process enhancements to address gaps
- Perform gap analysis to determine required changes to core system(s)
- Create user guides and provide end-user training
- Develop roll-out plans and ongoing support plans
- Create test scenarios and manage testing efforts
- Manage development work and code solution to include design/development associated reporting
- Manage project to include maintaining project plans and coordination of project team
- Identify, define, and communicate business case
- Design and document recommended solution
- Work directly with key stakeholders and management to document business requirements
- Working knowledge of business reporting and analytical tools as well as financial systems administration highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative team orientation a must.
- Minimum of 6 years of management experience, managing business application implementations for leading SAAS solutions.
- Oracle Database familiarity/management preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; PMP certification is highly desired.
- com administration or implementation experience required.
Salary: $12.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE