Following is a sample job description template for the position of Pastoral Care Worker or Staff. Please modify it to suit your requirements.
Job Title: Pastoral Care Worker/Staff
Location of the job: Encino, CA 91436
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Years of Experience: 5 to 7 Years
Work Hours: All Day
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
The Chaplain is a member of the interdisciplinary team and focuses on the spiritual needs of patients, families, caregivers and staff, including volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The chaplain seeks excellence in pastoral care, which requires authentic demeanor, compassion and skill in dealing with the spiritual dynamics of illness, loss and death.
- The chaplain provides pastoral care interventions, including pastoral counseling, which are determined by spiritual assessment, the specific setting and sensitivity to a variety of values, beliefs and religious orientations.
- Five years of pastoral experience preferred – two in a clinical setting. A minimum of 1 unit (400 hours), preferably two or more, of clinical pastoral education (CPE) accredited by one of the following: Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, National Association of Catholic Chaplains or the Canadian Association for Pastoral Practice and Education.
- Qualified candidates must have Ordination of Commission to function in a ministry of pastoral care and has received the endorsement of and is in good standing with his/her body of faith.
- Knowledge and skill in dealing with spiritual dynamics of illness, loss and death. Ability to function as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Commitment to professional growth and development.
Equivalencies to CPE may include one of the following: Evidence of clinical pastoral educational experience that includes supervision of ministry, peer group participation and theological reflection; AAMFT, AAPC, or AMHC certification; or DMIN or other accredited graduate degree in pastoral care.