The following sample job description template for the position of Patient Representative will help you prepare the actual JD for this opening in your company:
Job Title: Patient Representative
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
This position is responsible for direct patient contact to discuss patient progress, Physician follow-up, and obtain inventory from patients to properly refill the orders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- May also include reception details, processing new patients and insurance.
- Facilitating communication between patients and doctors, medical staff and administrative staff.
- Acting as a liaison between patients and insurance companies.
- Answering patient inquiries about billing, procedures, policies and available services.
- Caring, customer focus is essential for these positions
- Attention-to-detail is a must
- 2+ years experience in a medical billing or patient account representative facet required
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required
- Accuracy and previous account maintenance experience required
- Previous hands-on medical care experience is a plus!
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work flexible shifts are required