Here is a sample job description template for the position of Power Plant Operator. Just replace the required portions with the actual requirements of your organization to the real JD for the opening.
Job Title: Power Plant Operator
Years of Experience: 2+to 4 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
This Operators Independent Position in the industry, outstanding team and sensible approach to growth have allowed it to be one of the most stable power companies in the state.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements plant operating procedures.
- Issues equipment clearances and work permits.
- Ensures safety compliance of self and others.
- Performs troubleshooting and documentation and assists in the resolution of problems discovered during the shift.
- Immediately reports malfunctioning equipment readings/equipment performance to the supervisor and completes the appropriate records.
- Reads meters and records data at specified intervals in appropriate logs and computers.
- Monitors running equipment and ensures that the equipment is operating within normal guidelines.
- Responds to unusual and emergency conditions.
- Performs start up and shutdown sequences on generating units.
- Remotely starts and stops equipment.
- Changes the loading of turbine/generator as required through the electronic control system.
- Estimates starting time for the idle generation units and follows prescribed startup procedures to bring units on line at a specified time.
- 4 – 6 years experience in power production environments as a control room operator
- Experience in a gas turbine or combined cycle experience
- Thorough knowledge functional diagrams and ladder logic
- Experience with Citect operating software
- Experience with GE Fanuc and Allen Bradley SLC-505
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain plant instrumentation and control systems
Salary: 11.00 – 14.00 /hour