This sample job description template for the position of Prepress Operator will guide you in preparing a JD for this opening in your organization.
Job Title: Prepress Operator
Location of the Job: Hopewell, VA 23860
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Digital Color Graphics – an industry leading Commercial Offset, Printing, Mailing and Fulfillment Company located in Bucks County PA is looking for a qualified individual to for our prepress department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting software problems; calling for repairs.
- Determines prepress requirements by reviewing work orders; studying design, content, and specifications.
- Maintains prepress files by filing and retrieving layouts.
- Obtains layout approval by submitting completed design and layout; reviewing and implementing changes.
- Develops design concepts by evaluating space requirements, type size and style, spacing, and graphics; reviewing customer’s designs.
- Initiates printing production by transmitting files.
- Prepares printing plates by separating colors; operating platemaking systems.
- Prepares finished page layouts by writing, editing, keying, and copying text; creating and importing graphics; converting, scanning, and enhancing documents, illustrations, and photographs, into digital images; operating proofing systems.
- Maintains quality results by editing layouts including spelling, grammar, punctuation, reproduction, clarity, and consistency; adhering to prepress standards.
- Candidates must have at least 5 years experience in the printing industry, and a thorough understanding of electronic prepress for both offset and digital.
- Candidates must have expert knowledge of all major graphics packages – Quark, Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Pitstop, and others.
- Candidates must be hands on, good team players in order to facilitate proper project management with the production staff, have great interpersonal skills and be prepared to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
Salary: 22,000.00 – 37,000.00 USD /year