The following is a sample job description template for the position of Printing Press Operator. Needless to say, you’ll have to modify it to reflect your actual requirements.
Job Title: Printing Press Operator
Years of Experience: 2 to 4 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
We are looking for a Flexo Press operator for our Sarasota / Bradenton, FL facility and wanted to offer you an opportunity to send in a resume. Kopco Graphics was founded in Cincinnati, OH, Twenty years ago, and is family owned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities;
- Maintains press supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level;
- Ensures press operation by completing preventive maintenance requirements;
- Change over jobs by removing ink and paper; cleaning parts and components; returning paper and ink to stock.
- Minimizes downtime by troubleshooting stoppages and breakdowns; calling for maintenance assistance.
- Maintains production and quality by inspecting random production samples;
- Establishes printing quality by pulling proof copies; adjusting ink distribution, speed, and drying temperatures.
- Sets-up printing presses by loading stock; mounting and setting printing plates and cylinders.
- Must be able to bend, twist and lift up to 70 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Flexibility, proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Didde 8-Color Press
- Experience with set-up, running, and maintaining press equipment
- This candidate must gain experience in both print and lettershop processes
Salary: 20,000.00 – 25,000.00 USD /year