Here is a sample job description template for the position of Production Operator:
Job Title: Production Operator
Location of the Job: Jacksonville, FL 32233
Years of Experience: 1+ to 2 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Our client in Jacksonville, FL is looking for a Production Operator. This candidate must be willing and able to stand on their feet for long periods of time and work flexible hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record operational data such as temperatures, pressures, ingredients used, processing times, or test results.
- Draw samples of products at specified stages so that analyses can be performed.
- Inspect equipment or units to detect leaks and malfunctions, and monitor operating conditions – shutting equipment down if necessary.
- Measure, weigh, and mix chemical ingredients according to specific actions.
- Adjust controls to regulate temperature, pressure, feed and flow of liquids and gases, and times of prescribed reactions, according to knowledge of equipment and processes.
- Control and operate equipment in which chemical changes or reactions take place during processing of industrial or consumer products.
- Monitor gauges, recording instruments, flow meters, or products to ensure that specified conditions are maintained.
- Observe safety precautions to prevent fires and explosions.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the operation of production machinery and monitoring products.
- Flexible for all shifts.
- General Labor, Production Worker, Can lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must pass annual physical requirement associated with material handling and PPE usage.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 5 years of related batch chemical processing experience.
Salary: USD 10.00 /hour