Following is the sample job description template for the position of project controller. Edit and personalize it to get a final JD for your company.
Job title: Project Controller
Years of Experience: 1+to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a project controller / analyst for a major Account in the Federal consulting space. The core functions include project control, financial analysis, budgeting support, forecasting, pricing proposals, invoice management, and supporting the Account leadership team with processes that include on-boarding, hiring, and staffing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and administer routine contract work using standardized and prescribed methods
- Assist in monitoring progress of work per cost accounting adherence with budget.
- Assist in analyzing work progress by calculating/preparing various comparison reports.
- Collect data required to monitor project budget and progress.
- Ensure the financial integrity of project reporting.
- Ensure compliance with H&M Policies, Procedures, and Administrative Guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with customer contract terms and conditions.
- Participate in the implementation and execution of Henkels & McCoy’s Project Management
- Methodology (PMM) on assigned projects.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- 6 to 8 years of experience in a government contractor setting, preferably DOD in a project administrator/financial analyst/project controller role
- Thoroughly versed in MS Office utilization, proficient use of MS Project and MS Excel is a requirement
- Experience with Budgeting, Forecasting, Financial Planning, Reporting
- Experience with MPM or other EV reporting tool strongly desired
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management is a requirement
Salary: $11.00 – $13:00 Hourly DOE