Find below a sample job description template for the position of Proposal Manager. Don’t forget to make necessary changes depending upon your specific requirements.
Job Title: Proposal Manager
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Reporting to the Carolinas Division SVP Business Acquisition, the Proposal Manager will fulfill this critical role as an integral part of the Business Acquisition team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with finance team to optimize offer value to clients.
- Develop tools to help optimize proposal and estimating process in conjunction with Engineering and Construction/Delivery group standards and practices.
- Participate in client meetings. Act as technical facilitator to core engineering group.
- Work with engineering firms, EPC companies, and equipment suppliers to facilitate project and equipment specifications and clarifications.
- Compile estimates from various departments within business unit and other technical data as needed to facilitate sales process.
- Work as part of Business Development team to develop customer proposals and respond to client data requests.
- Lead development of assigned proposals for Solar Steam Generators (ASME Section 1 Boilers) and associated plant equipment offers to clients.
- Energetic about challenges, self-motivated and able to focus on long term objectives and push for results.
- Able to deal with concepts and complex issues comfortably; is seen as intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Able to organize people, tools, equipment, and other resources and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish desired results.
- Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, able and willing to face challenges, delegate and provide direction to others, and effectively address conflict.
- Able to make decisions under tight deadlines and in the face of incomplete information.
- BS in Business, Marketing, Communications, Engineering or a related field, plus ten years of experience preferred, or a minimum of ten years of progressive related experience.
Salary: $12.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE