Given here is a sample job description template for the position of Records Manager, which will serve as guide for you to prepare a JD for this position.
Job Title: Records Manager
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The role holder will have responsibility for the delivery of specific aspects of the Group’s records management strategy, providing records management expertise and guidance to a variety of business units within the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expert assistance to the records management assurance program when required.
- Provide strong leadership in regional and global governance for the records management program.
- Positively influence key stakeholders, ensuring visibility and understanding of records management related regulatory requirements across the region at all times.
- Build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
- Development and implementation of a training / education program increasing awareness and understanding of records management in the region
- Responsibility for promotion of the records management policy across the region, establishing and sharing best practice where appropriate
- Participate in, and on occasion, chair relevant regional records management forums enhancing the reputation of the records management function.
- As a records management professional, provide expert advice in all elements of records management, including electronic and paper record retention to businesses and senior managers within the region.
- Input to the development and implementation of records management strategy
- Accountable for the delivery of the Records Management strategy and implementation into the region
- Accountable for successful delivery of specified elements of business as usual records management activity within the region.
- Must have prior significant experience with Livelink/Open Text records management and contract management programs
- Ability to work and assist with reporting and other written materials
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Use document and contract management systems efficiently
- Ability to analyze various document management/control issues
- 3 or more years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the development and maintenance of comprehensive document and records management programs and systems and contract management;
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in business, public administration or a closely related field; paralegal a plus, but not a necessity.
Salary: $11.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE