A sample job description template for the position of Records Specialist is given below.
Job Title: Records Specialist
Location of the job: Mansfield, MA 02048
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
One of Washington, DC’s most established law firms is actively seeking an experienced and talented Records Clerk/Records Analyst/Records Specialist for a temp-to-hire assignment that offers great long-term potential with its Records Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- All other duties and projects as assigned by the department manager
- Maintain and report department statistics
- Provide support for audits
- Generate reports, troubleshoot records issues and reconcile errors
- Scan and catalogue records and documents
- Input all incoming records and data into tracking system and databases
- Inventory records on three levels: Box, Folder and Document
- File management
- Management of the Life Cycle of Records
- Ability to use own discretion on major functional areas of responsibility guided by the contracts.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to interact well with a variety of people who are seeking action or attention simultaneously
- Excellent customer service and best practices skills
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Intermediate to advance level knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.
- At least 2 years of office and reception experience with 75 or more employees.
- At least 4 years of Records Management experience.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.