This sample job description template for the position of Release Coordinator will help you in preparing a real JD for this opening in your organization:
Job Title: Release Coordinator
Location of the job: Pleasanton, CA 94588
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Release Coordinator is responsible for to planning, monitoring and coordinating modifications to the existing OneLink product. Activities include coordinating emergency and non-emergency changes to the production environment, updating the master schedule, managing the RFC process, and leading implementation calls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors Remedy to track and maintain status of SRs related to enhancements, PCRs and non-emergency defects
- Assists in repairing information for SOX audits and inquiries
- Maintains training materials related to SOX compliance and the KP-IT change management process and helps to bring entire OL staff up to speed as necessary
- Creates weekly release RFCs that bundle planned product content for release the coming week and takes these packages through FCAB and NCAB for approval
- Monitors the migrations between environments at each phase in the entire release lifecycle to insure that we are 100% SOX compliant every step of the way
- Maintains daily contact with DEV, PAT and UAT to obtain status of work residing in each queue, and coordinates re-planning efforts due to non-recoverable date slippages
- Updates a release schedule that details the entry/exit dates for DEV, PAT, UAT and eventual release into PROD for each planned modification
- Administers the IT intake and planning process which schedules new requests on the release calendar, based on priority, level of effort, technical pre-requisites and resource availability
- Works with Functional Support and Project Team to schedule planned product modifications coming to IT from the OneLink Product Roadmap
- May coordinate emergency troubleshooting and change management
- Primary workload comes from enhancements and PCRs, but they are also responsible for the release RFCs and CAB reviews for all non-emergency defects
- Planning, monitoring and coordinating modifications to the existing OneLink product
- Working knowledge of change release management best practices and of risk management.
- 4 years relevant business support and/or general analysis experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.