Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Reporting Manager:
Job Title: Reporting Manager
Location of the Job: Burbank, CA 91501
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
This role will support the Corporate Controller with all external (SEC) reporting, development and implementation of the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ad hoc reporting and projects including being a primary liaison between Accounting and IT on financial systems automation efforts.
- Lead role in defining and implementing SOX in conjunction with third party consultants and senior management.
- Stock compensation (123R) reporting, forecasting and related compliance.
- Participation in preparation of quarterly earnings release.
- Periodic SEC Reporting: 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K including coordination with external auditors regarding SEC Reporting calendar and alignment on technical accounting issues.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced changing environment.
- Must be a self starter with a high motivation level.
- Microsoft Office experience and a high level of proficiency with Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- US GAAP knowledge and reporting experience.
- General ledger system application and functionality (JD Edwards experience a plus).
- 3 to 4 years of industry experience plus 2 to 3 years of big four or national accounting firm experience focusing on audit/assurance
- CPA required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
Salary: $13.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE